Western Sea Kayakers is a Paddle America Club member of the American Canoe Association. All members of the Western Sea Kayakers must also be members of the American Canoe Association.
Membership in Western Sea Kayakers is for one year and runs concurrently with your ACA membership.
Both individual and family memberships are offered. A family membership includes two adults and any children in the same household under 18 years of age.
- WSK membership dues for individual or family memberships: $15
- ACA individual membership dues: $30
- ACA individual senior (age 62 min) membership dues: $25
- ACA individual student (age 23 max) membership dues: $25
- ACA family membership dues: $40
Total combined WSK and ACA membership dues:
- Individual memberships: $45
- Individual student or senior memberhships: $40
- Family memberships: $55
- The opportunity to participate in club paddles and events.
- Membership in the American Canoe Association.
- Choice of Rapid, Adventure Kayak, Canoeroots or Kayak Angler magazines (print or digital editiions)
- Liability insurance provided by the ACA for club and ACA events.
- Access to the members' only section of the club website and access to the club message board and membership roster.
To become a member,
- Print and complete a membership application, including waiver(s). A waiver is required for each person listed on the application. Print extra copies of waivers as necessary for additional family member(s) from the application.
- Send the completed application, signed waiver(s), and a check for the appropriate amount to the address shown on the application. Make the check out to Western Sea Kayakers.
- Within a week or two of receiving your application, the WSK Secretary will send you a Welcome Letter. Please check the spam folder of your e-mail if you don't see this in your inbox. It will include your log in credentials for access to the WSK Forum.
Please note that memberships and renewals cannot be processed unless signed waivers are submitted for each person listed on the application. This is an ACA requirement. We must have fresh waivers every year for renewals as well as for each new applicant. Thank you for your help on this!
The membership and waiver forms are stored in PDF format and can be downloaded for printing, or they can be printed by clicking on the printer icon on the tool bar just above the display of the form itself. In order to display or print a copy of the forms, you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader. In most cases this will already be installed on your computer. If it is not, it can be downloaded from the www.adobe.com web site (look for the "Get Acrobat Reader" icon).